To my friends

Dear friends
Last Sunday, I had coffee with a friend at Island Shangrila. My friend is a very successful and influential person in town. We have very meaningful conversation which I really want to share with u .

My friend said there are two kinds of people in the world:
First kind of person chooses to be a loser since he was born
Second type of person chooses to be a winner.

The path of a loser is easy, smooth and happy. He is always punctual to leave office at 530, he has wonderful time off work because his career never bother him. He refuses to take any responsibility and he always thinks that he is doing the perfect. If u complaint about him, it must be your fault!
This kind of person lives in ivory tower for his whole life, and his life is happy and easy but it is going downwards till his death.
The world doesn’t border whether he exists or not because he is never needed by anyone.


Second type of people chooses to be a winner. His life is full of hazels and uncertainties. His life is not easy and he has a lot of problems to solve, but his path is going upward.

Every winner in the world, no matter in the ancient or modern world, winner’s life is not an easy one. There are plenty of examples in history.

Of course, it is your choice to be a winner or a loser.

But, I hope u choose to be the first one.

Sharon

Comments

quitur said…
looser ----> loser
border -----> bother

if you complaint ---> complain

i am amazed a longtime journalist like you could make such mistakes..
新聞背後 said…
thanks for reminding.

journalist's job is not to spell check. To spell check, we can simply press a spell check button.
Eric Wong said…
Well, I think it's hard to define what is "loser" and "winner". A person who leaves office punctually may enjoy his family life and maintain good health physically and mentally, and BTY, not working OT doesn't mean he or she has no responsibility in their jobs if they can handle effectively and efficiently.

I think we should think about what is the goals of life seriously and find our own way to achieve the goals, but not just listening to others.
David said…
Sharon, everyone has the right to choose what he/she wants. Once the decision is made, it is his/her responsibilities. It is none of our business.

Why not enjoy our life, especially at the rapid pace of our world.

Sharon, spent more time to look for your other half.........
eyt said…
I like yr recommendation. Be the so-called loser doesn't really mean you are a loser. The winner is actually those who really know how to enjoy their lives and, most importantly, feel no regret.
kaixin said…
Yes, there are two kinds of people in the world, but I would not call them winners and losers. I would call them leaders and followers. Leaders like to give orders and followers take them. I think thats how the world works. It cannot be all followers because it will turns out no civilization of mankind. It cannot be all leaders either, it will be no workers at all. It's all about balance I believe. Different kind of people have different desire of their lives. Some like to be out standing, but some just like to live in peace. 
Indeed, followers are living in an easier life but leaders love to stand up on the hill and watch the people down below and wondering how much have themselves been through after all. Even though they have been fail, knock down, or kick out sometimes, but they never give up. I think that's the key that make them to be leaders, and that's the main different between this two kinds of people. 
I do admire those leaders who never give up challenging themselves. Also I appreciate those peaceful people who are keeping the world goes any crazier. Just like the movie "Devil wears Prada", tells exactly how these tow kind of people work the world. We all got things we want after what we do, but is this truly what we want?
kaixin said…
I was wrong! There are only winners and losers!
金多勵 said…
Sharon : It appears that someone had forgotten to press the spell check before you published your blog. Would you agree that a winner should have someone to proof read his/her scripts, or to press the spell check button? In fact, I do not intend to dwell on so much on this issue because this is so trivial. You have Xs in your blog all the time and I really think it is fine. In my humble opinion, as long as an individual lives happily and does not become a burden to the society, (s)he already is a winner though (s)he may not be as successful in the eyes of many others. To me, you are a very successful individual. It is up to you to crown yourself a winner. I just want to let you know that I really like your 『忘不了... 』(29/9). This is so 'YOU'.
Cr!x said…
Thank you for all the sharing on/off air time, they are invaluable lessons for me about life. It would be great if you could be more conscious about the language used, especially the mixing of Chinese and English. I am sure if we use only One language, it will be even more soothing to the ears. May be you could keep reviewing your programs in the perspective of an audience. I wish you every success in your career.

Popular posts from this blog

反岐視!!